13:00-17:00, Wednesday, 5th September, 2012
Clyde Auditorium, SECC
We urge all PhD students attending ECI 2012 in Glasgow to make time to attend this event – it will be an excellent opportunity to hear some great science from your PhD peers from across Europe (and beyond), and also to socialise prior to the full opening of congress.
Chairs: Emma Chambers (King’s College London) & Martin Davey (Cardiff University)
- 13:00 : Introduction & Welcome from Chairs
- 13:00 : Bright Sparks Session 1
- 14:30 : Coffee break, Gala Foyer
- 14:50 : Bright Sparks Session 2
- 16:20 : Special Keynote Address: Stefan Miltenyi (Founder, Miltenyi Biotec)
- 17:00 : Presentation of prizes & close
Special Keynote Address: Stefan Miltenyi
Miltenyi Biotec GmbH
- Stefan Miltenyi studied physics and medicine at the University of Cologne. In the laboratory of Klaus Rajewsky and Andreas Radbruch he developed a technology for magnetic cell separation (MACS). In 1989, he founded Miltenyi Biotec to commercialize MACS technology. The privately held company has grown to a more than 1000 employees focusing on biomedical research products, cellular therapies and regenerative medicine.
51429 Bergisch Gladbach